All those dance moves you wish you knew how to do
Learn how to pull out those crowd stopper party dances, from the moonwalk to the running man. This is a fundamentals course on party dances, which are famous dance moves that are born on the dance floor, at parties, through internet viral videos and through iconic pop culture videos.
This is the next natural step from the Beginner Grooves class, though you can still get away with simply taking this course alone.
This course is beginner friendly, for those who have zero dance experience or coordination (in their opinion), whilst still being packed with challenges for those of you who have taken dance classes before.
You Will Learn:
- Learn how to do the Criss Cross, Brooklyn Bounce, Charleston
- Learn how to do the Running Man, Cabbage Path, Bart Simpson
- Learn how to do the Butterfly, Pepperseed, Party Machine
- Learn how to do the Wave, Moonwalk (glide), Happy Feet
- Lean the basics of picking up choreography
- Learn the skills to reconnect with your body
- Tear it up next time you go out dancing
- Get bulk compliments from everyone who watches you cutting shapes
What You Get
- Each of the four modules comes with a bomb playlist so you can practise your new grooves to a range of different songs, tempos and moods.
- Each of the 16 individual lessons comes with a written outline of the history and mechanical breakdown of the groove along with an extra challenge for you to try if you feel like you're nailing the basics.
- Lessons are complimented by pop-culture video clips that use these grooves - so once you learn a move, you can have a stalk to see how Michael Jackson, Vanilla Ice, Shakira, Will Smith and TLC used these party dances in their music videos to win the hearts of all of us!
Your Groove Therapist
Training across New York, Paris, Berlin, London, Tokyo, Brazil and regional Australia, Vanessa has landed herself in some incredible dance opportunities, including an Adidas sponsorship as well as choreographing, casting dancers and playing the feature role in campaigns for Nike, Samsung, Cartier, Bonds, G-star RAW and MTV.
Above all though, Vanessa prides herself on bringing out the inner dancer in all of us. This isn't about working within the world of professional dancers, it's about making the brilliance of dance accessible to all walks of life.
It's never too late to start learning.